Students are achieving at high levels or progress is being made to close achievement gaps, especially among minority or disadvantaged groups, in these schools.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education nominated the eight schools based on the state's public school enrollment.
This is the list of Missouri's nominees from the Department of Elementary and Secondary education:
-Bolivar High School, Bolivar R-1 School District Dr. David Geurin, principal
- Brentwood High School, Brentwood School District - Dr. Donald Rugraff, principal
- Lee's Summit West High School, Lee's Summit R-7 School District - Dr. David Sharp, principal
- Nixa High School, Nixa R-2 School District - Mark McGehee, principal
- Sappington Elementary School, Lindbergh Schools, St. Louis - Craig Hamby, principal
- Spokane High School, Spokane R-7 School District, Highlandville - Jim Millsap, principal
- Willow Springs High School, Willow Springs R-4 School District - Jimalee James, principal
- W.W. Keysor Elementary School, Kirkwood R-7 School District - Dr. Bryan Painter, principal