Recipe by: Linda Hofstetter
Makes 2 - 9" pies
1 lb. Italian Sausage (sweet not spicy) removed from casing
2 10 oz. pkgs, Frozen spinach, thawed and drained
16 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2/3 cup Ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1/8 tsp. Garlic powder
Pie crusts - enough for 2 pies (top and bottom)
1) Brown sausage in skillet about 10 minutes, drain grease.
2) Reserve one egg yolk. In a large bowl combine all the rest of the eggs, sausage,
thawed spinach, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
and set aside.
3) Prepare piecrust and put in pie pans, spoon spinach mixture
(divided between the two pies) in pie shells.
4) Roll other piecrusts and cover top of mixture and seal edges. Slit top with knife.
5) With the reserved egg yolk, add 1 Tablespoon water and brush tops with it.
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool a bit before cutting.