By: Chef Brian M. Romano, CEC - The Cook's Kettle
Creamy horseradish-chive sauce
2 Tbs. Prepared horseradish
1 tsp. White vinegar
1 tsp. Dry mustard
1/8 cup Chopped chives or scallions
1/8 tsp. White pepper
1/2 cup Sour cream
1) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, refrigerate.
Smoked Meat Rub
1 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Paprika
1/2 cup Salt
2 Tbs. Cumin
1 Tbs. Black Pepper
1 Tbs. White Pepper
1 Tbs. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbs. Garlic Powder
2 Tbs. Onion Powder
1 cup Salad Oil
1 1/2 tsp. Liquid smoke
1) Mix all ingredients together, rub on meat before smoking for at least 24 hours.
* If you do not have the ability to smoke your meat, you can also bake your meat covered
in aluminum foil on low at 250 degrees until cooked.
2 Vandalia onions, cut into rings
2 Eggs, cracked and whipped
1/4 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Flour
**Oil for frying
1) Remove outer skin from onions, cut into 1/4 inch thick rings.
2) In a bowl mix egg batter with buttermilk, toss in onions.
3) Remove excess egg batter from onions, them toss in another bowl until onions are
4) In a fryer (or hot oil at 325-350 degrees) drop onions in until lightly brown.
5) After removing, place on a paper tow, to remove excess grease. Enjoy!
Also, don't miss: Taste of Victory!! Tickets are still available - $35.00
We have several local chefs participating from Twin Oaks, Big Cedar Lodge, Nakato's, Chateau on the Lake, College of the Ozarks and food prepared by the students and Chef instructors of Victory Trade School's Branch Bistro & Cook's Kettle. Live music from the Wings of Swing; Renowned Chef Hubert Schmieder will be our guest honoree speaker for our Victory Trade School commencement. Ticket sales benefit Victory Trade School!! Call Matt at 417.864.2232.